It’s been quite a year for Crap! I’m Broke: Out of Pocket – and for Dutch dynamic duo Molly Heady-Carroll and Erik van Wace of Arcane Circus!
Thousands of iOS and Android players have experienced Crap!’s harsh and yet hilarious take on adulthood – from the mundane horror of eviction to the joy of nailing a fun, high-paying job. Budget-conscious gamers can now try their luck for only $0.99 – if they’re confident they can survive, that is.
Awards & Accolades
Arcane Circus can’t stop, won’t stop. Molly and Erik have been invited to speak and showcase at a variety of events – and Crap I’m Broke has earned a number of awards:
- Best Dutch Game of 2017 Award: Nominee (2017)
- Google Play Indie Games Contest: Finalist (2017)
- International Mobile Gaming Awards: Nominee (2017)
- A MAZE. Festival: “Pataphysics in Video Games” [talk] (2017)
- Pocket Gamer: “Top 5 Best Mobile Games of the Year” (2016)
- App Store: “New Games We Love” (2016) – 3 times!
- AMG Awards: Winner, “Best Mobile Game” | Nomination, “Best Game Concept” (2016)
- Gamescom: Indie Arena Exhibitor | Holland Pavilion Exhibitor (2016)
- GDC: Dutch Showcase Exhibitor (2016)
- Pocket Gamer Connects: Top 5 Finalist, “The Very Big Indie Pitch” (2016)
And it doesn’t end there: Crap! I’m Broke has received a physical version for Anne Bras’ big box PC games collection for the Guinness Book of World Records. Molly Heady-Carroll has published two art books: The Art of Molly Vol.1 and Weekly Zoo Drawings. And the duo’s Global Game Jam game – Journey of the Fyra Birds, in collaboration with gHSTS & gUITARS – was given a visual update and made available on itch.io:
With such an eventful period, you might think that there wasn’t time for a new game. WRONG! In fact, Arcane Circus has been working on a brand-new title – a Kaiju-themed card game where players compete for dominance over a city. Team Cool, Team Weird, and Team Cute are in it to win it – and they play by their own rules. Veteran character designer Charles Zembillas (Jak & Daxter, Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro the Dragon) has joined the project as Creative Consultant.
Crap! I’m Broke: Out of Pocket has been featured in a number of outlets – including Inside Indie, Pocket Gamer, The Gaming Ground, Invision Community, iOS Snoops and Touch Arcade. Read more about Crap! I’m Broke: Out of Pocket and Arcane Circus here.