“Dex is a fascinating look into the cyberpunk genre. It is completely worth your time, gorgeously made, and fun to play.”
– John D (Gamer Assault Weekly)
Cyberpunk Side-Scrolling RPG Dex Now Available on Xbox One & PlayStation 4
North American PS4 release due Tuesday, July 12th
MADRID — July 8, 2016 — The cyberpunk 2D side-scrolling RPG Dex — developed by Czech studio Dreadlocks — is launching today on Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Published by BadLand Games, Dex is also coming to North American PlayStation 4 consoles Tuesday, July 12th.
The game tells the story of an AI named Dex and her quest for the Singularity — a theoretical “event horizon” in which artificial intelligence will surpass human intelligence.
Without knowing why, Dex is chased by corporate mercs and gets thrown into a web of intrigue — leading her to question the origins of her own existence. We’re introduced to a trio of hacktivists interested in helping Dex in her quest: the mysterious Raycast, the protective Decker, and the light-minded Tony. Only you will get to decide how the story ends.
The streets of Harbor Prime offer countless opportunities to fight against dangerous gangs, expose corporate secrets, dive into the depths of Cyberspace, develop Dex’s skills, influence the fate of NPCs, and much more 🙂
The World of Dex
The outskirts of the city are plagued by crime, poverty and filth. Out there, every day presents a new struggle for survival. The wealthier districts are full of skyscrapers and bustling businesses. Yet beneath the sleek exterior, another war is going on — with powerful corporations constantly at each other’s throats. Woe to those who get caught in the crossfire!
- Rare mix of realism and creative vision: Realistic action, mature storyline, and complex character interactions mixed with hand-drawn characters, animations, locations, arcade-style melee combat, and an original conception of cyberspace.
- Multiple solutions to problems: Operate in cyberspace or everyday reality. Overcome obstacles using skills, weapons, or special equipment.
- Meaningful character progression choices: Will you be a silent assassin, a hacker, or a straightforward gunfighter? Improve your character and gear to unlock game-changing upgrades that reinforce and customize your play style.
- Unique hacking mechanic: Transfer your consciousness to your avatar, overcome intrusion countermeasures, take action, and return back to your body in a fraction of a second to see the results: deactivated turrets, overloaded devices, enemies with crippled implants…
- Neo-cyberpunk storyline: Inspired by the cyberpunk novels of William Gibson and other classical cyberpunk authors — sprinkled with elements of augmented reality.
- Rich game world and mindful level design: Visit diverse locations in Harbor Prime, a futuristic city complete with luxurious skyscrapers, rundown shanty towns, and seedy red light districts. Take part in street brawls, steal corporate data, overcome environmental hazards, and (of course!) try to stay alive.
- Full voice acting: Interactive dialogue using hand-drawn sprite animations — fully voice-acted by professional voiceover artists.
Pricing & Availability
Dex is available on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 for $19.99. A physical PlayStation 4 release is also available in select territories. PlayStation Vita and Wii U versions are expected later this year.
The North American PlayStation 4 version is due Tuesday, July 12th.
Screenshots & Logos
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/DreadlocksEN
Twitter – https://twitter.com/dreadlocksEN
Google+ – https://plus.google.com/+DreadlocksLtd/posts
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/DreadlocksLtd
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/dreadlocks
Pinterest – https://cz.pinterest.com/dreadlocksltd/
Dreadlocks Ltd is an independent creative team situated in Prague, Czech Republic. The studio was founded in 2011 as a collective of seasoned game industry professionals from various Czech companies. To learn more, please visit http://en.dreadlocks.cz/
About BadLand Games
BadLand Games is an international publishing company that firmly believes in the need to support emerging talent. We are passionate gamers on a mission to find the diamonds in the rough. Working alongside talented developers, we bring captivating, outstanding games to the masses. We’re always on the lookout for enthusiastic and dedicated developers with all sorts of games, from beat ‘em ups and RPGs to puzzle games — and everything in between. To learn more about BadLand Games, please visit http://badlandgames.com