“Hell Warders plays really well and looks great for Early Access.”
– Gavin Sheehan (Bleeding Cool)
Fight Off Demons in Fierce Four-Player Battles in Ares Games’ Hell Warders
Now available on Steam Early Access
HONG KONG – June 6, 2017 – Get ready for infernal combat in Hell Warders! Launching today on Steam, this co-op multiplayer game features highly detailed environments, action-packed third-person combat, and a mashup of hero and tower defense gameplay.
Developed by Ares Games, Hell Warders is part of a new sub-genre known as “action-defense.” You and your friends are tasked with defending the Nexus from unrelenting demon assaults. Play as Ash the Ember Knight, cannon-wielding specialist Dead Eye the Tainted or crafty explosives specialist Samson III in teams of four to scout for power-ups and create an effective (and deadly) defensive perimeter.
Fight alone or alongside soldiers with distinct abilities to withstand the might of the demon horde across a number of thematic maps – each with its unique environmental twist. Set up archers, catapults, and mages – and carefully choose where to place them for maximum defensive cover. However, defending only goes so far: The demon army waits for no man and will ruthlessly attack from all angles! Vanquish demons with powerful weapons, unmatched hero skills, and giant gargoyles!
“We’re huge fans of the tower defense and hero defense genres, so we set out to create an intense co-op multiplayer game that combined elements of the two,” says William Lau, CEO of Ares Games. “We first experimented with various play styles and map concepts – eventually settling on the idea of heroes scavenging for towers. Building Hell Warders around this core mechanic allowed us to break from the traditional resource management gameplay and put combat at the forefront.”
- Action tower defense meets hero tower defense: Heroes can unleash devastating abilities and deploy strategic towers in this new defense sub-genre.
- Four-player co-op: Combine forces and battle the legions of evil! Hell Warders supports cooperative play with friends or other fellow Warders online.
- Multiple playable classes: Choose from a roster of diverse heroes – each with unique skills and abilities.
- Upgradeable characters: Level up to upgrade skills and perks – and defeat monsters your way.
- Dynamic maps: Dodge flowing lava or fly on a giant spinning fan! Every map in Hell Warders is dynamic and opens up a ton of different strategies.
- Epic enemies: From giant earth-shattering Wurms to magic wielding Liches, there’s no telling what else lies beyond the Gates of Hell …
Pricing & Availability
Hell Warders is now available on Steam Early Access for $14.99 (Windows only).
Screenshots & Logos
About Ares Games
Founded in 2010 in Hong Kong, Ares Games is a development studio with a passion for making games that are unique, vibrant, and engaging. Consisting of 13 experienced developers who have already shipped two successful games – Three Kingdom Rush and Phantom Hunter – Ares Games hopes to bring Hell Warders’ brand of co-op action to all corners of the globe. To learn more about Ares Games, please visit http://www.aresgames.com.hk.