“Outbreak looks to fill the multiplayer survival horror void the genre maintains.”
– CJ Melendez (RelyOnHorror)
Co-op Survival Horror Shooter Outbreak Launches Today on Steam
Now available for $10.49 (first week only)
RIDGEFIELD, Conn. — Jan. 17, 2017 — Dead Drop Studios’ Outbreak — a top-down survival horror shooter inspired by Resident Evil and Silent Hill — is launching today on Steam! Outbreak brings back the nostalgic days of mowing down the undead on your own (or online with other players) while managing limited supplies and random enemy/item placement.
An unknown turn of events from a government-funded cancer research project at the Arzt Memorial Hospital has led to a mysterious outbreak. You and three of your friends take control of four characters to fight off the undead:
- Seasoned police officer
- Increased damage resistance
- Starts with a pistol
- Computer scientist and engineer
- Takes more damage
- Starts with a lockpick
- Bioscience college student
- Regenerates health faster
- Starts with a healing item
- Larger inventory than the others
- Can’t combine healing salves
The four strangers must become the closest of allies to face the horde as a team and discover who (or what) is responsible for unleashing this nightmare …
Outbreak’s unforgiving difficulty will test your nerves and force you to think on your feet. You’re thrown into an intense and difficult survival situation with limited inventory space for equipment, no pausing, challenging puzzles, and one life.
Be ready to face flaming monstrosities, poisonous undead canines, and more! Fortunately, a wide array of weaponry and additional equipment is scattered throughout the hospital facility: pistols, shotguns, assault rifles, axes, knives, climbing picks, and even grenade launchers. Don’t forget to look for opportunities to combine items in your inventory to get the most out of them — such as mixing healing salves for stronger effects. You can even trade with your teammates to make sure everyone has the most suitable gear.
Multiplayer runs on cloud servers. According to developer Dead Drop Studios, there should be virtually no firewall-related connection issues. (There’s no P2P, so players don’t directly connect to each other.) Furthermore, Outbreak has a region selector to ensure a low ping worldwide. The game can also be played offline in single-player mode.
“I still have fond memories of Resident Evil Outbreak. Since major publishers seem to no longer be interested in making that sort of game, I decided to make one myself,” says Evan Wolbach, founder of Dead Drop Studios. “With only one life, hardcore difficulty, no pauses and limited inventory, Outbreak brings back the authentic survival horror experience fans like me have been waiting for.”
- Friendly play: Four-player online co-op multiplayer featuring voice chat.
- Dark atmosphere: Explore a deserted hospital infested by the undead.
- Brutal difficulty: Your character only has a single life; includes 3 difficulty settings.
- Limited inventory: Decide which items are worthy, and which should be left behind.
- Expansive arsenal: Defend yourself with a multitude of firearms and melee weapons.
- Challenging puzzles: Scour each room to solve puzzles and learn about the outbreak.
- High replay value: Semi-random enemy and item layouts make every playthrough unique.
- Distinct characters: Four playable characters with individual attributes and starting gear.
- Essential equipment: Earn during play or trade (Steam only) with other users.
Outbreak is launching with full controller support — and it works perfectly with Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers.
Pricing & Availability
Outbreak is now available on Steam (Windows only) for $10.49 — 30% off the $14.99 retail price. The launch sale is set to end on January 24.
Steam URL: http://store.steampowered.com/app/514990/
Outbreak is also coming to the Windows Store and Xbox One in the future.
Screenshots & Logos
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/outbreakzonegame/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/Outbreak_Zone
Google + – https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Outbreakzone
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVrZQVutzA_9eudrDLav99g
IndieDB – http://www.indiedb.com/games/outbreak1
About Dead Drop Studios
Founded by Connecticut-based engineer and game developer Evan Wolbach, Dead Drop Studios creates survival horror games inspired by hardcore, unforgiving gameplay mechanics. The studio’s first title, Outbreak, returns to the roots of survival horror while adding a multiplayer co-op twist. Dead Drop Studios hopes to revitalize the genre and gather support for more ambitious projects. To learn more, please visit http://www.deaddropstudios.com.