Fastest mobile game ever
SpeedyPups is the Fastest Mobile Game You’ve Ever Seen
SEATTLE – Sept. 17, 2014 – Rushing through a level at dizzying speeds is a memory most of us experienced in the 1990s–usually after playing Sonic The Hedgehog for the first time. Indie developer duo Spotcos is bringing this very real need for speed back to life with SpeedyPups, available today for iOS and Android. If you want to feel that rush again, start with the official trailer and then read on. . .
Speedy Pups tells the story of adorable pups who are stolen by evil Cat Robots—mechanical menaces who aren’t cute and cuddly like real cats; in fact, the sole focus of the Cat Robots’ silicon-based brains is to make the pack of pups very, very sad – which means that you are needed to teach those nasty catniks a lesson they won’t soon forget!
“I’ve always wanted to make a kick-ass platformer like Sonic The Hedgehog and Rayman,” says Shiny Yang, lead programmer at Spotcos. “Thanks to the power of Cocos2d with Apportable, that dream is now a reality. Tom Chang and I were able to create a true homage to the best 16-bit platformers—with hair-raising speeds, charm, and challenge to make even hardcore gamers sweat.”
- 16-bit heritage – Experience crazy-fast gameplay with vertical loops and insane jumps
- Tons of levels – Speed through 3 whimsical worlds and 6 different hand-polished zones with day and night cycles
- Harass nasty catniks – Beat evil Cat Robots while rescuing adorable puppies
- Awesome boss fights – Take on deviously challenging bosses
- Bonus (Flappy) Mode – Soar through the skies with a ‘before-it-was-cool’ flappy cape
- Extra challenging levels – Tackle more than 30 difficult challenges in Challenge Mode for the truly hardcore
- Feeling lucky? – Spin the wheel in the main menu daily for some great prizes!
Speedy Pups includes a total of 7 pups—OG the Mutt (“starter” pup) and his 6 friends, each with extraordinary powers:
- Cate the Corgi: Twice as many lives
- Penny the Poodle: Higher jump
- Spot the Dalmatian: Triple jump
- Chubs the Pug: Auto-magnet for bones
- Brock the Lab: Double dash
- Dubs the Husky: Longer dash
Players can use gold coins earned in-game or purchased at the store to acquire the 6 other pups and special items like a medieval helmet (shield), a rocket-powered jetpack, and even a magnet that conveniently attracts all the gold coins nearby. The game is balanced so that skilled players don’t ever have to spend real money in order to progress or acquire special items.
SpeedyPups is available on both iOS and Android—and it can be downloaded for free at:
Spotcos is Shiny (the Programmer) and Tom (the Artist). Based up in Seattle, the duo has been making games for several years and relishing it as much as humanly possible. Spotcos’ goal is to make polished experiences that novice players, hardcore gamers, and everyone in between can enjoy. To learn more about Spotcos, please visit http://spotcos.com/