“While you may not feel as though you need another CCG in your life, Summoners Fantasy shakes up the formula in a few significant ways that might just inspire you to think again.”
– Matt Suckley (Pocket Gamer)
Control the Battlefield & Assert Dominance in Summoners Fantasy, a New Tactical TCG Launching Exclusively on iOS Today
SICHUAN, China — Aug. 11, 2016 — Venture into the mystical land of Alpha Terra in Summoners Fantasy, a new free-to-play tactical TCG now available on iOS. Featuring a four-way battle system and four distinct game modes, Summoners Fantasy delivers intense, real-time tactical PvP battles that are sure to get your blood pumping.
Developed by Darknights and published by Icesimba, the game tells the story of the Master Summoner — a mighty being who has sealed Gods, Demons, and other beasts into magical cards. Preserving the Master’s legacy, Summoners across the land duel each other for the right to become the next Master Summoner.
Challenge your opponents to duels using your collection of monsters and deities in a fight to control the most spaces on a battle grid. Each card has four numbers representing its strength. Players place cards on the grid to attack adjacent cards. If the attacking card has a higher strength value, it wins the battle and converts the enemy card to your team!
Summoners Fantasy features four different game modes:
- Normal: Players place cards and duel for ownership of the battlefield.
- Veil: The strength values of cards on the battlefield are hidden — and the only way to discover their power is to place a card next to them and hope your card is strong enough.
- Elements: The battlefield is enhanced with elemental effects that your cards can use to buff (or debuff) themselves.
- Enraged: Cards automatically attack any adjacent cards — which can trigger devastating chain reactions across the grid.
Strategic placement is everything. Some cards will have a single strong number — making them perfect to take on a particular card but also leaving them open to retaliation on their weaker sides. It’s also possible to sell unneeded cards for Essence, which you can then use to power up your favorite creatures. You can even combine cards or grant them special bonuses with Gems and Runes to make them more effective.
Once you’ve mastered the A.I., go online and show your competitors you have the cunning and strength to take on the mantle of Master Summoner …
“As you can tell by our company name, we’re huge comic book fans,” says Lin Xu, CEO & Game Designer at Darknights. “Summoners Fantasy is our first title, and it represents the fulfillment of an old dream: to bring comic book-style action to TCGs. We can’t wait to see players in the Western market experience the intricate gameplay mechanics and PvP battles.”
“Summoners Fantasy is a fascinating tactical TCG, and we are incredibly pleased to be able to help bring it from China to the U.S.,” says Pan Qi, Overseas Marketing Director at Icesimba. “The game may appear simple at first — but the more you play it, the more you begin to understand how deep the rabbit hole goes gameplay-wise. Card game and strategy fans are in for a surprise with this one!”
- Enjoy hand-drawn cards and an original music score.
- Rise above your peers with a four-way battle system.
- Test your skills and face human opponents in real-time PvP battles.
- Evolve cards through experimentation and practice to make them your own.
- Stay on your toes with four unique gameplay modes.
Pricing & Availability
Summoners Fantasy is now available for free on the App Store. Players can buy Gems through in-app purchases that can be used for in-game items and cards.
Founded in the beginning of 2013 in Sichuan, China, Darknights is a young studio obsessed with comic books. The company’s goal is to create high-quality board games for smartphones and tablets. Summoners Fantasy is the studio’s first title.
Icesimba was founded in 2013, and is one of the few brands in China which presents the entire world with mobile gaming services.