“This text-based adventure infuses horror and fantasy elements along with RPG systems in to a story-driven experience. Expect magic, conspiracies and world building.”
– BTRE (GamingOnLinux)
Gen Con: Meet the developers behind the otherworldly text adventure SUSURRUS: SEASON OF TIDES
The Early Edition of SUSURRUS: SEASON OF TIDES – an atmospheric, text-based horror-fantasy adventure where players choose to become vampires, werewolves, or mages – will be showcased at Gen Con next week 🙂
The developers at Evil Overlord Games would love to chat with you at Gen Con about Susurrus, RPGs, text adventures, and fantasy games. If you’re interested in a 30-minute slot, let us know and we’ll be happy to get something on the books!
WHAT: Gen Con 2017 (Indiana Convention Center)
WHEN: Thursday, August 17 – Sunday, August 20 (10am-6pm Thurs-Sat; 10am-4pm Sun)
WHERE: Lucas Oil Stadium (alongside the Gen Con anniversary exhibit)
WHO: Evil Overlord Games
- Kamela Dolinova (Communications Manager)
- Rickland Powell (CEO)
- Victoria (Tory) Root (President & Lead Writer)
- Andrew Menard (Chief Architect)
- Edwin Karat (Creative Managing Director)
- Caelyn Sandel (Game Writer)
- Phoebe Roberts (Game Writer)
- Patrick Bobell (QA Engineer)
All of the above team members will be available for interviews during the show. Please let us know what days/times work for you!
BOOTH ACTIVITIES & OTHER FUN STUFF
* Three computers running demos at the booth
* Puzzle hunt in the convention halls and booth (using QR codes on posters and banners)
* Surprises provided to booth visitors and those who get deep into the puzzle
* Limited edition card giveaways for those who stop by various businesses around Indy
ABOUT THE GAME
Hidden in the shadows of our modern society lies a magical world filled with uncanny beasts, walking nightmares, and silent conspiracies. To uncover the truth of the world, you must transform into a vampire, werewolf, or mage and join their secret cabal. Team up with adventurers from all over the world to build a unique power base of connections and resources to advance your cabal’s objectives – or be a lone wolf and explore this immense world on your own. During your travels, you’ll meet a diverse cast of NPCs who will aid you in your search for knowledge. Unravel the world’s secrets and survive the terrors lurking in the shadows in Susurrus: Season of Tides!
* Dive into an interwoven narrative and uncover the world’s secrets.
* Transform into the role of your choosing: vampire, werewolf, or mage.
* Explore a horror-filled world in a modern fantasy setting.
* Choose your own adventure in a dynamic MMO that reacts to each player’s choices.
* Achieve your cabal’s goals through coordinated and collaborative gameplay.
* Build relationships with a diverse cast of NPCs.
* Play with a group – or explore the world on your own. The choice is yours!
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
Based in Belmont, Massachusetts, Evil Overlord Games is definitely not a conspiracy of Boston area geeks – drawn together into dark magic from the gaming, live-action role-playing, engineering, theatrical, and literary worlds. The studio was founded in 2016 by Edwin Karat, Rickland Powell, and two friends from the LARP universe: award-winning writer Victoria (Tory) Root as President & Lead Writer, and MIT Assassins Guild member Andrew Menard as Chief Architect. The mission of Evil Overlord Games is to provide emotional resonance, moral complexity, and meaningful player interaction in exciting and dynamic gameplay environments.