A strategic fantasy collectible card game
“Zems impressed me right from the start.”
– Zac Phoenix (Trading Card Games)
Build a Killer Deck & Use the Weather to Your Advantage in Zems
Seeking votes on Steam Greenlight
OKLAHOMA CITY — Dec. 2, 2015 — Master the weather and take the fight to the enemy in Impulse Limited’s new strategy and collectible card game (CCG) hybrid — Zems! CCG fans can support Zems on Steam Greenlight and play the Alpha build (Windows) today.
Zems takes place in Delnoa — a world inhabited by fantasy creatures and a number of factions, where an uneasy peace is held together by faith alone. Among the most powerful factions in Delnoa is the Irulian Empire — a human nation consisting of incredibly disciplined (and well-trained) soldiers known as the Irulian Legion. Some races (such as the dragon-like Phegans) are so powerful that they can each exist on their own without a faction. Others isolate themselves from conflict by making the sea their homes.
Each one of Zems’ beautifully hand-crafted cards was designed by a team of award-winning artists — including Mario Wibisono (EXPOSÉ award winner), Lius Lasahido, and Jackson Tjota.
“Zems combines the collectible quality of fantasy card games with tactical combat enhanced by a dynamic environment,” says Yang Pulse, producer at Impulse Limited. “We’ve created a CCG experience unlike anything else on the market right now — and we hope you’ll join us on our exciting journey through Steam Greenlight :)”
To start, choose a hero and then build a deck of followers and spells that fits your playstyle. In order to summon followers, cast spells, and activate your hero’s unique ability, you’ll need zems — orbs of energy that fuel all magic in the world of Delnoa.
Here are just a few strategies you can use to master Zems:
- Go for the direct assault and brute force your way to victory.
- Wage guerrilla warfare by hitting your opponent with long-range attacks and running away before they can respond.
- Take control of the weather and (literally) flood the battlefield — creating key attacking positions or setting up hazardous terrain for your opponent.
Remember to keep your hero alive at all times; otherwise, it’s game over!
If you prefer a more sophisticated approach, you can actually chain effects together by zapping wet spaces with a lightning bolt — which stuns every unit currently standing on water and prevents any unit on those tiles from moving (or attacking).
- No pay-to-win: All cards can be acquired through gameplay.
- Individual heroes: Each army has a unique hero leading the charge — with special abilities to boot!
- Hybrid gameplay: Tactical turn-based combat meets collectible card game mechanics.
- Weather control: Manipulate the weather to set up combos, hazards, and buffs.
- Built to last: Open card packs to expand your collection.
- Multiplayer: Compete online in both ranked and unranked multiplayer modes.
Pricing & Availability
Zems will be free-to-play with purchasable card packs, deck slots, and heroes. The game will initially launch on Windows, followed by Mac and Linux.
Steam Greenlight trailer
Screenshots & Logos
Facebook (Page): https://www.facebook.com/zemsgame
Facebook (Group): https://www.facebook.com/groups/zemsgame/
About Impulse Limited
Impulse Limited was founded in August 2014 by producer and CCG enthusiast, Yang Pulse. Based in Oklahoma City, Impulse employs world-class game developers around the globe. Zems is the studio’s first game. To learn more about Impulse Limited and Zems, please visit http://impulselimited.com and http://zems.com