An Ambitious Retro-Futuristic RPG
Dieselpunk RPG InSomnia Returns to Kickstarter
SAMARA, Russia – June 25, 2014 – InSomnia—the post-apocalyptic RPG that enthralled gamers with its Art Deco-inspired setting—has returned to Kickstarter with tons of gameplay footage, new reward tiers, and an in-engine tech demo. After only two days, the game has earned $12,700 toward Studio MONO’s goal of $70,000.
Watch the new trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exgC7jx4C48
InSomnia introduces players to a retro-futuristic space station (“The Ark”) on its 400-year journey in search of a new home. Several centuries earlier, war-torn Noman survivors boarded the Ark to flee their planet and escape the conflict between the Republic of Noma and the SORG Regime. Most of InSomnia takes place inside the gargantuan, half-deserted vessel—which is slowly making its way toward the elusive Evacuation Point. If the Ark fails to reach the Evacuation Point, billions of Nomans will have died in vain.
InSomnia’s real-time combat gameplay is realistic and fast-paced—and mastering it largely depends on understanding how to manage stamina, weight loads, weapons, and armor. For example, player characters will tire without enough stamina—thus lowering combat efficiency. Likewise, much depends on equipment choices because inventory capacity is realistically limited to a few equipment slots and pockets per character. Each individual ammo pack has its own weight rating, and heavy machine guns are actually heavy! It’s up to the player to choose between inhabiting a slow, hulking warrior with the ability to throw one or two heavy blows—or going for a nimble character who relies on speed in order to come out ahead in combat.
“InSomnia drops players into a dark, damp space station where competing factions battle for supremacy using any weapon or tactic they see fit,” says Anatoliy Guyduk, lead developer at Studio MONO. “We self-funded development and invested more than two years of our lives into InSomnia. Hopefully, what we have achieved so far will prove to potential backers that this is the real deal–and that InSomnia deserves their support on Kickstarter!”
InSomnia is expected to be completed by Q4 2015 and will be released on PC, Mac, and Linux.
- Play it your way: Backers will receive both DRM-free and Steam versions of the game.
- Go it alone or assemble a crew: Pick between being a lone wolf in single-player mode or going for co-op with friends and family.
- Fight in real time: Develop your character through tactical real-time combat—combining hundreds of skills and abilities.
- Catch the drift: InSomnia will support French, German, English, Spanish, Polish, and Russian.
- Prove your worth: Survive starvation, extreme weather, and serious injuries.
- Free your mind: Break free from leveling systems, character classes, and tedious grind.
- Embrace the unpredictable: Expect the unexpected with randomly-generated events and missions that keep things interesting.
- Experience the next chapter: Immerse yourself in rich storylines that are updated regularly. InSomnia will ship with 15-20 hours of main storyline plus 20-30 hours of side quests (first season/year). More than 20 free chapters are planned after release, with 3-6 hours of gameplay each.
- Solve the puzzle: Embark on non-linear quests and missions with several possible solutions.
About Studio MONO
Studio MONO was founded in Samara, Russia in 2011 by a group of artists, technologists, and enthusiasts united by their dream project — InSomnia. With a development team comprised of individuals from all over the world — including Malaysia, the U.S., Russia, Great Britain, the Netherlands and Ukraine — Studio MONO is a talented group of professionals who have been active in the world of game design for many years. For more information on Studio MONO and InSomnia, please visit http://www.insomnia-project.com/ and the project’s Kickstarter page at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1892480689/insomnia-an-rpg-set-in-a-brutal-dieselpunk-univers