Developer: Impact Gameworks
Location: Fulton, Maryland (US)
Release date: July 19, 2017 & January 31, 2019
Price: $14.99 (Steam) & $19.99 (Nintendo Switch)
Awards & Recognition
“Good Job! Tangledeep is a classy roguelike” – Thomast Faust, IndieGames.com
“I’m having a lot of fun with Tangledeep. This is pretty sweet!” – SplatterCatGaming
“I’m not the most nostalgic guy in the world when it comes to the 16-bit SNES era, but I very much like the look of the . . . roguelike dungeon crawler Tangledeep.” – Andy Chalk, PC Gamer
“I like the art style, the music, and the combat system.” – Samuel Horti, Rock Paper Shotgun
“If you’re a fan of traditional roguelikes or maybe you’re looking for a dungeon diver with some new twists. I recommend keeping an eye on Tangledeep.” – Jorge Sobrino, Big Boss Battle
Click on the following link and choose Tangledeep in the drop-down menu to receive a Steam key: https://novy.promoterapp.com/pub/press
Impact Gameworks allows the contents of Tangledeep to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purpose. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Tangledeep is legally and explicitly allowed by Impact Gameworks.
Andrew Aversa: Code, Design & Audio
Fervir, Character: Creature & Sprite FX
Andrew Luers: Environments, Tiles & UI
Lachlan Cartland: Items & Equipment
Tangledeep combines the 16-bit graphics and polish of classic SNES-era RPGs with elements from roguelikes and dungeon crawlers to create a magical experience for players of all skill levels. Trapped in underground villages with no memory of the world at the surface, you must survive an ever-changing labyrinth to discover what lies above. Experience stunning turn-based gameplay as you explore a sprawling dungeon that’s different each time you play. Tangledeep features a customizable job system and hundreds of collectible items that allow you to approach each playthrough in a totally new way!
- Experience finely-tuned, procedurally-generated gameplay as you complete quests and collect items.
- Master deep, tactical combat across 9 unique jobs.
- Choose between 2 game modes: Heroic Mode (with permadeath – the way the game was intended to be played), and Adventure Mode (no permadeath).
- Share progress between characters by using a banking system – or planting magic trees and raising monsters in town.
- Take in the scenery – with stunning 16-bit graphics and carefully handcrafted maps!
- Play while listening to a beautiful soundtrack from award-winning composers.