A Risk-like competitive digital board game
“When I read the description, I was hooked.”
-Noemi Tasarra-Twigg (Forever Geek)
Are You a Hippie, Geek or Hipster?
Choose a Faction & Fight for San Francisco in Tribe Domination
SAN FRANCISCO — Feb. 11, 2016 — Tribe Domination is now available on iOS and Android! Created by French entrepreneur Alexandre Delbarre, Tribe Domination is a Risk-like digital board game featuring San Francisco’s three main tribes — Hippies, Geeks, and Hipsters — who compete each other in heated battles for the city’s iconic neighborhoods. Eventually, more territories will open up in cities across the US — starting with New York later this year.
Gather your troops and challenge up to two friends online as you invade and defend adjacent territories. Plan strategic attacks by placing troops at the start of each turn — but be careful not to leave your own territories undefended: Counter-attacks are a thing in Tribe Domination, so make sure to reinforce weaker areas by moving troops through connected territories.
The more territories you control, the more reinforcements you receive; claim ownership of an entire county to earn bonus troops. Knowing where and when to place your tribe’s soldiers is critical if you want to conquer the Bay Area …
Each territory you conquer will give you coins that can unlock hidden perks. Surprise your opponents by buying reinforcements or unleash your tribe’s special ability. If you’re in control of your tribe’s HQ, a special frisbee power-up will let you perform a ranged attack!
- Hippies can use Flower Power Teleportation to instantly teleport their troops to any other territory they control.
- Hipsters can use U-Lock Attack to conquer a territory that is two spaces away.
- Geeks can unleash Furtive Hack that hides their troop numbers from the opposing tribes.
“I’m a huge fan of classic board games such as chess and Risk, but I also love strategy video games like StarCraft,” said Alexandre Delbarre. “Tribe Domination merges both, and it’s something that everyone can enjoy. More than a bare bones digital board game, Tribe Domination was intended from the start to fit the mobile lifestyle — with asynchronous multiplayer and the ability to join several games at the same time. See you on the battlefield!”
- Enjoy a turn-based strategy game built from the ground up for mobile devices.
- Make use of each tribe’s special ability to conquer San Francisco:
- Geeks = Furtive Hack
- Hippies = Flower Power Teleportation
- Hipsters = U-Lock Attack
- Log in with Facebook and play with your friends.
- Challenge your friends for the best score on the leaderboard.
- Own your headquarters to unlock a frisbee that will help you engineer remote attacks.
Pricing & Availability
Tribe Domination can be downloaded for free from the App Store and Google Play. The game doesn’t include any ads or in-app purchases.
About the Developer
Originally from France, developer Alexandre Delbarre was working for a 3D mapping company in the San Francisco Bay Area when he first got the idea for Tribe Domination. In 2013, Alexandre started working on the game as a hobby: The goal was to revive his college days, when he and his friends were engaged in lively games of Risk until the wee hours of the night. The result is Tribe Domination.